Happy Friday everyone!!!!
Vintage clothing and vintage jewelry; why can’t we leave them in the past?
……..The reason why we cannot leave vintage items in the past is because fashion goes through a cycle; in other words as an item gets older, things start to appear more interesting and more beautiful to us. When an item goes through a Fashion cycle, it consists of the following:
- One year after an item is introduced, the item is considered “dowdy” (unfashionable) and people would not be interested in wearing it.
- Ten years after; it is considered hideous and you would not want to be seen in it.
- Twenty five years; is when items start to become interesting again.
- At fifty years; it is considered charming.
- At Hundred years it is romantic.
For an item to be considered vintage it has to be twenty five years or older. That is why we cannot leave it in the past, because around that time it is usually that these items start to become more interesting to us, and we want to wear them again. Just like this 1930’s gemstone bracelet that I am wearing in the pictures above. I got this vintage bracelet in 2005 at a vintage market in Chicago, while still in college. The reason why I was so drawn to it and decided to purchase it is because it looked so charming and so romantic with the beautiful elaborate design. I probably would not have thought of it the same way if it was only a few years old, but because it was seventy five years old, and it had reached that state of beauty once again; I fell in love with it. In addition, another reason why we love vintage items and we cannot leave them in the past is because vintage items bring character and history, and who would not love to wear a piece of history.
Thank you for reading Baily Lamb
** Don’t forget to Subscribe and Follow me on Social Media