…Happy Valentine’s day!!!
For today’s post I decided to share with you 10 random facts about Valentine’s Day.
- In ancient Roman time February 15th was a fertility festival. It was celebrated by a pairing up ceremony of men and women. Emperor Claudius II was against the pairing up and any marriages taking place during wartime, so St. Valentine a Catholic priest helped these couples get married secretly, which he was later imprisoned and executed for.
- After his death they moved the celebration to February 14th and named it St. Valentine’s Day
- King Henry VII of England made St. Valentine’s Day into a holiday
- 1 billion Valentines are sent each year around the world
- Teachers receive the most Valentines
- 9 Million pet owners will give Valentine’s gift to their pets.
- In Finland Valentine’s Day is translated as Friends Day. It’s more about remembering your friends than your loved one.
- 15 percent of women send themselves flowers
- 220,000 is the average number of wedding proposals
- More than 1/3 of men would prefer not receiving a gift. And less than 20 percent of women prefer not receiving a gift.
I hope you find these random facts interesting as much as I did. Is there one that really stood out to you? I was really surprised on how many people will give their pets a Valentine’s gifts. I thought I was the only odd person doing this.
Thanks for stopping by
Don’t forget to shop this look in the carousel below!!!